Friday 4 May 2012

Mum

I've been wanting to try white on white for some time, so with a few challenges requesting monochromatic this week, & then Totally Papercrafts going with 'white on white' I thought this is the week to do it!

I had an idea in my head of a window in a card, to partially display a verse, surrounded by pretty flowers. Now normally I have visions of something I want to create, & they never turn out how I want, or imagined. But for once this one pretty much turned out how I wanted it too.

Firstly I made a square card from white hammered card. I then cut a window using my nestabilities labels one die. On the bit left over I printed the following verse;

This wish for you Mother
is straight from the heart.
With more special meaning
than words can impart...
May your day hold pleasures
that you're fondest of...

And remember each day
you're thought of with love.

I then stuck this down on the inside of the card so it could be seen from the front, & then read when opened.

Some time ago I saw somebody make a beautiful flower using the Nestabilities Blossom 2 die. (unfortunately I've misplaced the source details for this) So I thought I'd give it ago. This is achieved by cutting 4 different size blossom shapes. Then cutting down the side of each inlet to form more of a petal. This allows you to shape the flower. 
Curl the petals, and adhere all the layers together. I added glitter to the edges of the petals & a gem to the middle. I then finished off the flowers with the leaves from Marianne Creatables English Rose die.


I then cut a few swirls with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die, the word Mum from the Sizzix Sizzlits Alphabet ' Girls are weird' set. And made a ribbon flower using the Marianne Creatables Ribbon flower die, and threading through some pretty iridescent ribbon.

These were all then placed around the window in the card.



I made a co-ordinating box from white hammered card, and decorated it with the Scalloped oval die from spellbinders nestabilities, a couple of flourishes using the Joy Crafts floral flourish die, Girls are Weird font again and some more glitter.



I'm entering the following challenges
Digi Doodle shop Challenge -106 - Anything Goes

That's me done for this week. Enjoy the weekend peeps. 
TC xox

22 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful card. I love the monochromatic of white. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Sassy Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your white on white is gorgeous...love those flowers and the way you have highlighted the verse. Such an elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. white on White is so elegant. I just adore it.

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs DT Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweet and elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge. Good luck cheers Hazel (H) & Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Divas & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower and a simply GORGEOUS card! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back next week.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt at Delightful Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is just beautiful, thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card
    thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card,I love WOW cards,I just don't make them very often...All your detail is amazing I love the flowers and the verse is beautiful....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous lovely card..... Thanks for sharing with us over at Divas By Design!

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful white on white card, I like the flower ans the swirls, the verse is beautiful.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning! I love the Nestabilities blossom dies. Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts. You did an amazing job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop’s Challenges
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! You certainly mastered white on white.

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning WOW card - love the flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty is this one TC I love the "all white" , stunning dies and fab design.
    Your blog is super lots of fabulous cards well done I am your newest follower Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, Hello, welcome & thank u for being my newest follower & your lovely supportive comments. x

      Delete
  19. Really beautiful card. I am so envious of your gorgeous flowers - they look stunning. Whenever I try something like that, they end up looking like something the dog chewed up!!
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks Caroline. These flowers did work quite well. I am normally quite good at the dog chewed versions though! x

      Delete
  20. This is simply beautiful.. Love the details.. very lovely work...

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my creations, they are very much appreciated, and make my day. TC xox