Tuesday 27 November 2012

Precious one

When I saw Blanche over at Saturated Canary I knew I had to have her. This wasn't just down to the per usual gorgeousness of Krista's designs, that goes without saying, but I had to have Blanche because she reminded me of my sister. I knew I had to have her for my sister's birthday card.

My sister loves girly things and things that twinkle, she's like a magpie. The dress that my sister was wearing in the photo was purple, so out came my purple ProMarker box and Blanche (or my precious one, as I like to call my sister) came to life.

My precious one
 


Saturated Canary's current blog challenge is a sketch challenge. I love sketches, they help you to make speedier cards, give you inspiration, and are a good starting point for making a card.

I based my card on the current sketch but I did get a bit carried away with elements. I had so many pretty things that I had been collecting for my sisters card that I couldn't decide what to use, so they all sort of got used! lol.  

Lots of shiny things and lots of girlyness to tie in with the challenge over at Inky Impressions, Cute card Thursday blog challenge & Digital Tuesday challenge blog




I decorated an envelope to co-ordinate with the card too.

I love the finished result, it's one of my favourite cards I've made this year.

I'm entering the following challenges

Saturated Canary Challeng - 31 - Sketch
Inky Iimpressions Challenge - 86 - Make it girly
Cute card Thursday challenge - 244 - girls only
Allsorts Challenge - 182 - Bring on Bling
Digital Tuesday challenge - 188 - Girly
Tuesday Throwdown - 125 - Lots of layers
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge- Anything Goes
Pile it on Challenge -48 - Anything but Christmas
Whoopsi Daisy Chllenge - Use a Digi
Sweet Stampin Challenge - flowers
The Squirrel and the fox Challenge -31 - Anything Goes 
Make it Monday - Link Party 

11 comments:

  1. WOW...your sister will LOVE this TC!! The image is perfect and your card is fabulous. I'm a big fan of Krista's images :) Thanks for joining our challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous love the image and the flower I think I have that and never used it you have just given me some ideas lol
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. Your sister will love it. The's a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAbulous details and I love how you have completely personalised card for someone so special to you.

    tThank you for jolining us at Whoopsie Daisy this week.
    Clairehis

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say it's all in the details and you have nailed the details on this card. :-) Wow is all I can say! Oh and your colored image rocks. Amazing photo of your sis and her birthday card is simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Tc well done .

    A Fabulous entry to our “USE A DIGI ” Challenge ,and thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week Good Luck Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for joining in our Floral challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Love love love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, love it! So pretty and so many fabulous layers. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Hugs
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. faby card and i bet your sister loves it :-)..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated canary Challenges..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my creations, they are very much appreciated, and make my day. TC xox