Saturday 7 April 2012

New Job - Veterinary Nurse

My final card for this week. Another leaving card. This time it's a leaving card for somebody that is going to be trained up as a veterinary nurse. An awesome job, just one I couldn't do. I don't do blood, and I'd be far too tearful. I love animals, far more than people! lol.
Chester is back, this time Poorly Chester. He would normally be on a get well card, but I thought being a little poorly critter, that he'd be perfect for a Veterinary Nurse!
I've decoupaged him, and coloured him with my ProMarkers. I coloured the red in the thermometer with a red glaze, but unfortunately you can't see it in the photo.
I followed the sketch over at Sketchy Challenge. I couldn't make my mind up on which papers to use, but this sketch gave me the opportunity to use them all!


I'm entering the following challenges


Sketchy challenge 20 - Chantals-sketch
Digi Doodle shop - challenge-102 - Something New - New Digi stamp
Simon Says Challenge - Your favourite tool - My PC & Promarkers
Do you stack up - Challenge 66 Friendly Critters
Anything Goes - Challenge-64 - Anything-goes
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Dies & doodles - Nestabilities circular dies
Lady bugs crafts ink - Challenge 57 Spots and Stripes
Shopping Our stash - Challenge 46 Punch it out - Stars
MIM - Link Party 

17 comments:

  1. Perfect card for the purpose - I'm sure the recipient will love it - thanks for sharing for the 'punch it out' challenge at Shopping our stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww so cute! love that layout!
    thanks so much for joining us at the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge (-:
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wha a tfab image and just perfect for the recipient .. fab papers too
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week for our spots and stripes challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card... I love your colouring and layout.

    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes - hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure we're not related? I just read your bio and you mentioned sarcasm..LOL...I think that's superb! :) As for your stamping style, I love it! Your card is fantastic and I love the 3D elements you've used here too. I don't do blood either (I tend to pass out) so I sympathize there. Wonderful creation you've designed here and I'm sure your co-worker will truly appreciate this.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday!
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute! Great image and I love the papers and the little paw print sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this fortnight, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is darling - I could not do it either - waaaay to soft

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOODNESS this is as sweet as pie! A wonderful job with this image! It is so KUTE! Being a nurse, I totally admire these kinda images! thanks for joining us at The Sketchy Challenges this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey TC, that's fab! Just perfect for a would be veterinary nurse & I love the combo of papers! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! Love the stars on your card, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs,martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. Fab papers and great idea to use the image for a different purpose.
    Thanks for joining us at LCI for our Spots and Stripes challenge.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a perfect image for the occasion. What a cute little monkey! Thanks for joining the Sketchy Girls.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! That monkey is cute! Thanks for joining the sketchy girls.
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that lil monkey! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute card. Love the image and the way you've decoupaged him. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. Jenny DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card ;o)
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my creations, they are very much appreciated, and make my day. TC xox