Thursday 22 March 2012

Good Luck Guardian Angel

I've caught a lil bit of a challenge bug, but it's not half helping me get my cards done.
My Cards are becoming ongoing projects, an idea is spurred from a few challenges, and then as the week goes on, my card evolves as more challenges come up. I'm having a great time playing! lol.
March is a busy month for me on the card front, which also runs into a very busy April too.
On top of my usual load of cards I have 3 leaving cards to produce for work too, sadly for people I don't want to go.
This is the 1st of my leaving cards, not your usual leaving card admittedly
but it's personalised for one of the lads I work with.

I had some papers leftover from my mum's steampunk card, so I thought I'd use them up.
My colleague is into skulls, so I made some skull paper. Embossed some other paper with those Tim Holtz steampunk embossing folders that I purchased last week, and then distressed them with a sanding block.
I followed the sketch from sketch Saturday, turning it on it's side. I have to confess the sketch didn't really do anything for me to start off with, until I saw the lovely designs by the DT team, and inspiration was sparked!
I had some cardboard on my desk, from a delivery I'd had earlier, it almost went in the bin, but I started playing around with it having had the thoughts of a couple of challenges in my head of colouring on kraft & something recycled. I thought I'd grunge it up a little, added an inked border and cut down the edge with spellbinders edgeabilities classic scallop die. This time I've used 'Bodacious Bev' from Kenny K's. Coloured in tones of green to go with those papers.
I've given her some wings, so she's now a sexy vampish guardian angel to look over my colleague for what ever the future holds for him.



I'm entering the following challenges with this card

CES Challenges - Challenge # 77 - Kolouring on Kraft - Kraft layer coloured with distress ink, and border applied
Flutterby Wednesdays - Challenge 195 - anything goes as long as your creation has a butterfly, fairy or angel on it!!

18 comments:

  1. Very nice and just right for our challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Thank you for playing "One for the Boyz" at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fun card! I love your stamped image against the kraft background!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card.love the colors and colored digi.The coworker will love it.Thanks for joining us at Milk coffee first challenge.Hope to see you soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun idea to give her wings, TC. I am sure my guardian angel doesn't look like her, LOL, but I am sure the lad this is going to will just love his leaving card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sassy card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers this fortnight! Good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is such an original sassy card, I love this TC! Thx for joining our very first MilkCoffee challenge, hope you come again honey!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great image... and i love what you did with all the kraft paper
    thanks for taking the time to Pile it on with us this week
    Kimberly - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the crackle wings, really adds another dimension to those amazing Kenny K's. Loving the Krafty look too, a really great card. Thanks for joining us over at I ♥ ProMarkers this week, gooid luck and hope to see you again realy soon,
    Hugs
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again TC :)

    This is another fabby creation hun! I love how you have put wings behind this image, it works so well!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love the steampunk incorporated here, and the skulls in the background. Perfect for this saucy little lady. Wonderful card!
    Thank you so much for playing in our challenges at Karen's Doodles and Make It Monday.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning card, love the fab image. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the detail and texture! Thanks for playing along with us at CES Challenges, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This will certainly get your friend's heart racing. Love the colour scheme and the great layers. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great image and digging her wings! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card! I love the paper you used! Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles this time and good luck!
    Margret

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a fun and grungy card! I love the skull paper and the image is awesome! Love how you've coloured her! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my creations, they are very much appreciated, and make my day. TC xox